The center of Bilje marks the Catholic Church of the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary, built in 1775th year. The parish Bilje existed since 1758th . It was 1862. completely rebuilt, and since 1918. was under the patronage of Belje nobility, owned by Archduke Alber.
During the war it was heavily damaged, although it had the status of a protected cultural monument.
Restoring of the damaged church started in 1997., with donations from the Muncipality Bilje, HEP Osijek and financial support of community members. The roof, electrical wiring, organ, sound system, altar, and the doors have been restored, new bells instaled in the church and the roof was repaired. The work continued until 2002.
Kralja Zvonimira 10
T. +385 31 751 480
F. +385 31 751 480
Photography Copyright: Pavo Nikolić, Domagoj Blažević, Damir Rajle
Hrvatska turistička zajednica, Web zajednica Bilje